Tomasz Gawliczek is an attorney at law specializing in matters related to copyrights, protection of databases, combating unfair competition, as well as corporate criminal law.
He has gained extensive professional experience in lawsuits in civil and criminal cases, particularly in the area of violation of exclusive rights. He draws up comprehensive opinions, among others, on protection of personal rights, image and protection of computer programs. Tomasz also appears before common courts in criminal proceedings as a representative of auxiliary prosecutors and private prosecutors. Moreover, he advises on matters related to business crime.
Currently, Tomasz is preparing a doctoral dissertation in the field of corporate criminal law. He is the author of scientific publications that focus on current and hitherto undiscussed in the literature issues of criminal law protection of industrial property rights. He published in monographs and recognized scientific journals and his scientific articles are quoted in prestigious commentary publications. Tomasz is the author of numerous press articles regarding intellectual property rights. He has extensive didactic and training experience gained, inter alia, at Wroclaw’s universities.
- advising on the possibility of violating the sui generis right to databases made available on bank websites by downloading and placing them through the computer software created for this purpose, and then making them commercially available
- advising on a patent case which resulted in acquittal of a defendant by the second-instance court as a result of recognition of a decision issued in the dispute proceedings for a patent invalidation as one of the key circumstances determining criminal liability
- developing guidelines for business partners of the infrastructural institution of the Polish banking sector concerning the market use of banking products protected by exclusive rights
- drafting a number of comprehensive license agreements regarding author’s economic rights, including software in the form of web applications, know-how agreements, among others, in the field of R&D, as well as specialized NDA agreements e.g. those aimed at providing prototype technology of securing means of payment for the benefit of banking sector institutions
- representing one of the leaders of the Polish market for the sale of fittings and bathroom equipment in court litigations in the field of combating unfair competition regarding the protection of a distinctive sign
- conducting a series of specialized trainings in the field of copyright protection of software for both public institutions and private entities, including a leading European company operating in the aviation and space technology sector
- University of Wrocław, University Language Center, Course on Legal Spanish
- Polish Chamber of Patent & Trademark Attorneys, Patent & Trademark Attorney Trainee
- District Chamber of Attorneys at Law in Wroclaw
- University of Wrocław, Law (PhD)
- Jagiellonian University of Cracow, Postgraduate: Intellectual & industrial property law
- University of Wrocław, Law (LL.M.)
- Brexit from the perspective of EU trademarks and community designs
- Community designs resulting from their technical function – do we know more after the judgment of the CJEU (C-395/16)?
- Reproduction of a work of art as a registered trademark (part I)
- Reproduction of a work of art as a registered trademark (part II)
- General impression in industrial design law
- Can a Christmas tree be counterfeited?
- On crimes in the industrial property world